Thursday, September 3, 2009

woot woot! 1st official feature...LOL














LOL: Thanks to the amazing invention of instant message and text messages, we have become even more lazy where we have to shorten words into cool combined letters. But it is quite neat to see how clever some people can get and how sometimes you have to read the conjumbled (is that a word) word 5 times to realize what the heck someone is saying.

However, its definition/meaning is great.. laugh out loud...which hopefully everyone does on a daily basis, and if you don't, you should start! My sister is probably going to kill me, but that is her above in the plaid dress...doing what she does best.. being the life of the party! This girl makes me laugh! Sometimes because, well, she is hilarious and other times I am pondering if she is really related to me. However, she has this way about her where she doesn't care whose around, whose watching or how many people may be staring at her, as long as she's having a good time, smiling and laughing, she will do whatever she wants- definitely something I admire bout her!

Too often do we get so wrapped up in our daily routine of life that we almost forget what it feels like to laugh. Have you ever had those moments where you are laughing so hard that it hurts and you say, Wow I haven't laughed this hard in a long time! Well stop saying that, and each day, do whatever you can to LOL. And how many times do you really put LOL when you don't actually LAUGH OUT LOUD???? I myself will admit am guilty to doing that bout 12 times to many on an average instant message conversation.

Bottom line - laugh out loud! Whether you need to go get some of the laughing cow cheese because you haven't laughed today, or aren't blessed with an amazingly hilarious sister who can do that for you a nightly basis when there is music involved, take time out each day to laugh. And I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that laughing burns calories so more reason to do it. And, did I mention its free!!! That is of course unless you buy tickets to a comedy club or go and order Dane Cook's DVD. But in our techno savy world, finding a laugh is at the tip of your fingers...and of course good internet speed to youtube.com

One last thought- on one of my amazing days in Australia where I lived by the motto- no worries, I stumbled upon an amazing gallery of a famous Australian photographer. (and of course I don't remember his name.. I'm so bad at that) In the store were these magnificent photographs of landscapes and just truly beautiful places in Australia- and below one photo was the quote..

"Don't life your live making a living, make a living, living your life"

I remember standing there for a minute and realizing how great of a quote it was.... and while that was very easy to do while in Australia-its still a struggle for me to do in the real world. And whether it is this new adventure in blogging that I am really starting to enjoy, or having a happy meal more often then I should, or trying my best to keep in touch with my friends from back home or college-I am determined to put effort in living my life with the things I enjoy and not let work overtake every element of it....

well fellow bloggers..hopefully I made some sense in my blonde's guide to life #1 and didn't ramble on too much. And I hope all of your good ol', deep down and obnoxious LOLing makes your day!

until next time... toodles! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment