Wednesday, September 2, 2009

what to blog, or what not to blog....

Well, I have finally caved in to the blogging world and decided to take some time each day and have a creative outlet for myself. So easily can one get bogged down in the daily routine of the 9-5, more like 8-7, and before you know the day is over, your in your baggy sweatpants and ready to crawl into bed, only to do the same thing all over again. And in these crazy times with the economy crashing, appreciating the McDonald's dollar menu much more, and dare I say having to color your own hair, I figured why not trying something new, take some time for myself, and who knows maybe make someone smirk, giggle or heck even learn something! So, here I go!

A little behind the scenes on me... I am a 23 year old living in Michigan and working in the wonderful (insert 'sarcasm') corporate world of advertising. I am very thankful to have a job during these hard times, but am itching; which I'm sure like many others, to find that thing that I am passionate about, love doing and can't wait to wake up everyday and do. Kelly Ripa- if you by any random chance are reading this, can you please let me know when you retire? I would love to take over for you!

From 2007 til now my life has done a complete 360 upside-down triple axel turn! I went from graduating college in 3 years, (woot woot, still pat myself on the back for that) to living out a dream and having the time of my life in Sydney Australia for a 3 month internship, to landing a job and starting a long distance relationship with one amazing guy who I am proud to say I am in LOVE with....but from there, it started to crumble. My parents divorced, I soon found myself living with mom, moving all over, having all my best friends too far to escape the daily life for a glass of wine and girl chat, to working crazy hours and wondering why I picked an industry where you don't work 9-5 and don't get overtime pay..and did I mention my LONG distance relationship? But through it all, I have learned to truly be thankful for what you have, don't take things for granted and to still enjoy life, even on an extremely tight budget.

So while I don't expect this blog to become famous and have a movie made out of like Julie and Julia, I would just like to share the things I love...fashion, food, music,photography, inspirational quotes and random little things that I probably just randomly think of. Like today for instance...guacamole....what a weird word but an amazing thing! Its so simple even I can make it, and so tasty and green! And you get that kind of feeling when you make it like you are some professional chef... or maybe thats just me! ha

No comments:

Post a Comment